Meetings with Photography – An international
Competition for children and young peopley
Purpose of the
Town Office of Koszalin
- The Teachers' Training Centre
1. The broad
inclusion of museums into the school
foundation of a desire in children and young
people to visit and have knowledge about
3. The development of interests, aesthetic
sensitivity and individual creative abilities in
children and young people.
4. A presentation of the younger generations'
creative take on museums.
Terms of participation
1. Participants must be under the age of eighteen
and in attendance at a
comprehensive/secondary school or lycée.
2. Participation is open to those students who,
during a visit to a museum, took pictures of
museum exhibitions or parts of them (single
exhibits, sets of historical exhibits; museum
background, scientific laboratories,
preservation work, and so on), or of the museums
themselves, their architecture, their
surroundings, as well as open-air museum
3. The contest is also open to children and
young people who would present their museum
visit (a museum lesson, classes in a museum
photo-laboratory, an excursion to a museum
ethnographic park) in the form of a report,
photo-essay or photo-column.
4. It is essential to obtain permission for any
pictures taken at museums.
5. Each author is entitled to send 5 of his/her
6. The minimum size of black and white or colour
photographs is 20 x 30 cm.
7. The contest entries should not be framed or
glued to anything.
8. It is recommended that participants send
their work through the schools, institutions or
organisations facilitating participation in the
contest. (All parcels should be carefully
9. On the reverse of each photograph the
following information should be written: the
participant's name, surname and age; the title
of the piece; the name and address of the
school, photo-club or organisation; the name and
surname of the teacher; as well as the reference
Photographs should be accompanied by a
clearly filled-in entry
This form can be found at: www.mszf.px.pl/zglo/ang.doc
11. Digital photographs
should be sent together with their
electronic copies saved in the original size
and resolution in JPG or TIF.
who have prepared a multimedia
collection of photographs (photocast) connected
to museum issues can take part in the
13. Each author
can send one photocast made on his/her own.
collection of photographs can include a
soundtrack, subtitles, short films, pictures.
15. A photocast
display should not be longer than 3 minutes.
16. The display
has to be recorded onto CD or DVD in MOV format
(compression H.264, recommended resolutions 720
x 576 / 768 x 576, frames per second: 25) or in
WMV format (Windows Movie Maker).
17. A photocast
made in a language other than Polish or English
must be accompanied by subtitles or a spotting
list in English.
18. CDs or DVDs
with photocasts must have a description on the
cover (regulations for the description can be
found in section 9).
collection of photographs must be sent in
together with a completely filled in application
Application - Photocast” that can be found
on the webpage: www.mszf.px.pl/zglo/ang_cast.doc
Judgement of the contest
1. Assessment of the pictures is to done by a
jury selected by the organisers.
2. All prize - winners will be informed of the
3. Results of the contest will be published on
the museum's Internet page.
will not be held responsible for any loss or
damage to the photographs caused in delivery.
which do not meet the contest regulations (see
above) will not be assessed.
3. The jury has the right to pick one or
several pictures out of a set.
4. The organisers reserve the right to freely
publish the photographs (in the Internet,
exhibition posters, as well as in newspapers,
catalogues and any other publications
advertising the contest).
5. The photographs will become the property of
the organisers from the moment of their
6. Any pieces entered will not be returned.
1. The closing date for entry is 14th June
2. Jury assessment will be in progress until
15th July 2017.
3. An announcement of the jury's decision will
take place on or before 8th August 2017.
4. The exhibition opening and awards ceremony
will take place on 21 September 2017.
5. A photographic plein-air for children and
young people and a seminar for teachers and
tutors will take place on 21-24 September 2017
(the plein-air workshop will be attended by
those who received awards or distinctions for
their work, as well as by their teachers).
Dział Oświatowy Muzeum w Koszalinie
ul. Młyńska 37/39
tel. ++48 94 3432011
fax ++48 94 3431220